Thursday, August 7, 2008

First 3 Weeks

These last 3 weeks have been a battle against time. There just isn't enough time in a day to get everything done. This explains why it has been a couple of weeks since I have last blogged. I just decided this week that I have to take a nap when Ally sleeps. The night feedings have started to catch up to me and I can feel my eyes begin to burn around lunch time.

Adding Blake to our family has been nothing but pure joy. Brian and I went for a walk with our children last night and I told him that having a second child has encouraged me as a wife and a mother. It is so amazing to know that I have a little boy and girl who need me for their physical, mental, and spiritual health. Sometimes I doubt myself, and then I am reminded of who I am in Christ and the abilities He has given me as a wife and a mother. This is what motivates me on the days that I just don't think I am doing enough.

Blake has been a wonderful newborn. Such a change from having a preemie. We are still working on a better sleeping pattern during the day. He likes to sleep for about 5 hours straight in the day. I need to try to get him to do that at night. He is currently waking about every 3 hours in the evening. He definately hasn't had a problem with eating. At birth he weighed 8lbs. 13oz. and when he left the hospital he weighed 8lbs. 9oz. Five days later at his first doctors appointment he weighed in at 9lbs. 7 oz. He has his one month check-up on Monday and I am guessing he is tipping the scale at about 11.5lbs. to 12lbs. Here are some pictures of our son over the last 3 weeks.

First week home

Week two

Blake's 1st bath

Blakes buddy Holden

Week Three

0 comments: