Thursday, June 5, 2008

Reminiscing...

Blake @ 35 weeks


I have now reached week 35 in my pregnancy and Brian and I can't help but reflect on the birth of our daughter Allyson. I was only 35 weeks when God chose to deliver her to us. On Tuesday, November 29, 2005 at 3:00pm Brian and I went to one of my regular doctor visits and on our way out the door I brought something to my doctors attention. She told me to lay back down and she was going to check a couple of things. After a few tests she informed us that my sac had a hole in it and was slowly leaking amniotic fluid. This made Allyson very susceptible to infection so they immediately admitted me into the hospital and started medicine to get my cervix ready for delivery. Dr. Case told me they had to get Allyson out within the next 48 hours since she was at risk of contracting an infection. I was told that I would probably go into labor that evening. Allyson had a different plan. She was putting up a fight. After a day and a half of trying to get my labor going my doctor made the executive decision to brake my water and start me on pitocin. It only took 20 minutes after she broke my water for the painful contractions to start coming on. I labored for about 9 hours and only pushed for about 20 or 30 minutes. Allyson was born Thursday evening (Dec.1) at 6:54pm. She weighed 5lbs. even and was 18 inches long.

Two and a half years later I look at her and think of how fast she is growing and learning. I didn't really enjoy the newborn stage with Allyson. I just couldn't wait to get her to the next milestone in her life. Looking back at how fast she has grown makes me see the newborn stage in a new light. I can't say that I will fully enjoy it, but I will truly hold on to all of the special moments I have with Blake that I know will go by so quickly.
Days before delivering Ally

Our little Preemie leaving the hospital
Uncle Brian with Ally on Christmas

I can't wait for Allyson to become a new big sister. She really picks up on the fact that Mommy has a baby like her cousin Tyson in her belly. She wakes up every morning, comes downstairs and sits on my lap. Her first and immediate request is to see baby blakey. She won't talk to him unless she can see my bare belly. She will wrap her arms around my stomach and tell Blake she loves him. Then she proceeds to kiss my bellybutton. Allyson talks to Blake like an adult would talk to a little baby. She pets my stomach and says "it's alright sweetie, it's alright" in a high pitched motherly voice. The other day she asked me to open my stomach. I asked her why would I want to do something like that? She said "because I want baby blakey out".
I took her to my last doctors visit and explained to her how she was going to get to hear baby blakey's heart beat. Ally gasped and grabbed her mouth when I exposed my belly for the nurse. Blakes arms and legs were literally bulging out of my stomach. She thought it was the coolest thing. When we left the doctors office, Ally just kept talking about how she could see and hear baby Blakey moving. She didn't quite understand that the noise was a heartbeat, but I didn't expect her too. When Brian got home she kept telling him over and over again that she heard baby blakey moving.
I truly cherish these last few weeks I will have with just my little girl and I. She loves to rest her head on my belly every chance she gets, I just hope she has that same love for Blake when he actually gets here. I am very prepared for the excitement to dwindle and the jealousy to kick in once she realizes that Blake is here to stay. If she loves Blake the way she loves her doll baby then we shouldn't have to many problems.

Ally's doll baby

Ally's other doll baby

2 comments:

KARRIE said...

Lisa that last pic of you and your daughter is the sweetest... I hope you're feeling well, you and your belly look great! :)

Emily said...

Lisa, you look great! I hope you are feeling well...you're almost there! I'm with Karrie, I love the picture of you and your daughter!